New FX K301 engine is an all-new 3-port engine which replaces the #650100 K3 engine. The K301 is based on the K3 engine but incorporates numerous improvements and refinements. With focus on lower fuel consumption, the intake was redesigned and improved. All-new features include: new updated crankcase and backplate, and a new method of laser engraving. The engine includes a ceramic bearing and a diamond-coated crankshaft.
Significant improvements were incorporated in the production & assembly processes, with new and even more precise quality inspection. All parts are individually measured and then specially selected and matched to increase engine reliability, performance, and quality.
All of the finest engineering and craftsmanship has gone into the concept, design, creation, and finishing of FX Engines. This engine and all of its parts were designed and manufactured by FX in-house in Slovakia, Europe from the finest European materials and using the most advanced Swiss, German, and Italian technologies. Even the crankcase was die cast in-house using fully-robotic die-casting technology.
All parts are individually measured and inspected, and all dimensions are recorded to ensure a full manufacturing & assembly record of every single part. Each engine includes a manufacturing certificate that records all important serial numbers and measurements so that, at any time, all details of the production – material batch, machine programs, responsible craftsperson, and production dates – can be traced back to the beginning.
• 3-port, high-competition 1/8 off-road engine
• 14mm high-precision, silicone-filled crankshaft
• DLC Diamond-coated crankshaft
• CNC-machined silicium piston
• Designed and manufactured in Slovakia, Europe
• Engine manufacturing certificate included
• Displacement: 3.5cc
• Bore: 16.40mm
• Stroke: 16.40mm
• Weight: 349g
• Max. power: 2.6 HP @ 34,000 RPM
• Practical range: 4,000-42,000 RPM
• Ports: 3 transfer ports
• Piston: CNC-machined silicium
• Sleeve: CNC-machined brass, hard chrome plated
• Front ball-bearing: 7x19mm, made in Japan
• Rear ball-bearing: 14x25.8mm ceramic, made in Germany
• Crankshaft: 14mm
• Carburetor: Alloy body with thermal isolation; 3-needle with modular venturi
• Glow plug: X3
• Exhaust position: Rear
• X3 glow plug
• Exhaust gasket
• Cylinder-head shim
• Carburetor venturi
• 3mm dust cap
• 6mm dust cap
• 16mm dust cap
• 18mm dust cap